Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Lens Price & Specs
- Aperture’s Range is f/1.8-22
- Gaussian Optics
- It has weight of Just 4.6 Ounces
- EF Mount Lens
- Minimum Focusing Distance of 17.8inches
- Filter Thread’s Diameter is 52mm
One of the most flexible focal lengths accessible, the EF 50mm f/1.8 STM Lens from Canon couples this typical lens design with improvements to the AF system and physical design which make it both smaller and faster. Using an STM stepping motor, this lens is perfect for both video and still shooting due to its quick and smooth function. Added benefitting video shooters, the STM motor also supports the Movie Servo AF mode on choose DSLRs for exact and quiet focusing. An upgraded exterior design features a metal lens mount and a relocated focusing ring to accommodate the compressed overall form factor. The 50mm f/1.8 is a standard, experienced lens design, and thanks to improved autofocus and a svelte profile, this lens is best for daily shooting in a wide number of conditions.
The optical structure of this lens integrates optimized coverings which help to decrease flaring and ghosting for improved contrast and color neutrality. The f/1.8 maximum aperture is efficient for shooting in low light as well as for controlling your focus plane for choosy focus shooting. Seven spherical diaphragm blades more increase the look of out of focus areas in an image, making it well-matched to portraiture and innovative environmental shooting.
- Standard prime of 50mm lens is designed for use on complete frame EOS DSLR, nevertheless can also be used with APS-C-sized sensors where it will present an 80mm equivalent focal length.
- Rapid f/1.8 maximum aperture paybacks working in darker conditions and also allows accurate control over the focus plane while working with choosy focus methods. 7 rounded diaphragm blades more contribute to a pleasant out of focus quality having low depth of field imagery.
- A gear-type STM stepping motor is included into the lens' design to offer fast, smooth, and almost silent autofocus performance. Moreover, this focusing method also pairs fine with EOS cameras featuring the Move Servo AF mode to allow continuous focusing performance when working in live view.
- Permanent manual focus override is available for modification your focus position for some focus applications.
- Optimized lens coatings assist to suppress lens flaring and ghosting for improved comparison and more color-neutral imagery.
- An improved external design features a metal lens mount for stability as well as a relocated focusing ring to preserve a compact 2.7 x 1.5inches form factor.