Fujifilm Digital Camera GFX50R Body
Distinguished by its svelte, rangefinder-inspired design, the FUJIFILM GFX 50R is a sleek medium format mirrorless camera that is notably portable and highly capable. Revolving around a 43.8 x 32.9mm 51.4MP CMOS sensor, which is paired with the X-Processor Pro image processor, the GFX 50R is capable of producing high-resolution still imagery with an extremely wide dynamic range, a broad sensitivity range up to an extended ISO 102400, and the sensor's large size contributes to a unique three-dimensional look with especially smooth tonal and color transitions. The sensor and processor also enable recording Full HD 1080p30 video.
Benefitting the imaging capabilities is a comfortable physical design, which incorporates a 3.69m-dot OLED electronic viewfinder for bright, clear eye-level viewing. Alternatively, the rear 3.2" 2.36m-dot touchscreen LCD features a three-way tilting design that supports working from high and low angles, even when shooting in the vertical orientation. Additionally, the GFX 50R has a durable magnesium-alloy build that is also dust- and weather-sealed, as well as freezeproof down to 14°F, for working in trying environmental conditions.
Other Camera Features
- The FUJIFILM G lens mount features a short focal flange distance of just 26.7mm to better facilitate adapting lenses and to allow for reduced back focusing distances to better prevent vignetting and promote edge-to-edge sharpness with the GF series of lenses.
- Film Simulation modes allow you to reproduce the look and feel of several of FUJIFILM's film types, including Provia, Velvia, Astia, Eterna, Classic Chrome, Classic Neg., Pro Neg. Hi, Pro Neg. Standard, Acros, Monochrome, and Sepia. Additionally, Grain Effect can be adjusted as well as Classic Chrome effect to fine-tune the look of imagery.
- Smooth Skin Effect helps to disguise blemishes and produce an overall smooth appearance to suit portraiture applications.
- Dual UHS-II SD memory card slots are featured, and permit saving imagery in a sequential manner, backup/duplicate manner, or in a sorted manner to segregate JPEG and raw files.
- Mechanical focal plane permits working with shutter speeds from 60 minutes up to 1/4000 sec, and an electronic shutter allows the use of shutter speeds up to 1/16000 sec for working in bright light conditions.
- Interval shooting is possible for up to 999 consecutive frames with a 1 sec to 24-hour delay between exposures, as well as up to a 24-hour shutter delay.
- Multiple Exposure mode lets you shoot two consecutive overlaid frames, and the first frame will be shown on the rear LCD to aid in alignment for the second exposure.
- A variety of file formats are available depending on your workflow needs, and include uncompressed and compressed raw file types; Super Fine, Fine, and Normal JPEG settings; and TIFF files can be output via in-camera raw file development.
- A voice memo function lets you solely record your voice for up to 30 seconds at a time for making notes or keeping track of shooting information.
- 3D Electronic Level can be used to ensure the accuracy of horizontal and vertical lines within your composition.
- Tethered shooting is possible using Capture One Pro for FUJIFILM software to send images from the camera to your computer for further editing. Alternatively, the Tether Shooting Plug-in PRO for Adobe Photoshop Lightroom and HS-V5 for Windows operating systems are also available.