Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 24mm f/1.8G ED Lens Price & Specs
- F-Mount Lens/FX Format
- Aperture Range: f/1.8 to f/16
- Two Aspherical Elements, Two ED Elements
- Nano Crystal & Super Integrated Coatings
- Silent Wave Motor AF System
- Rounded 7-Blade Diaphragm
Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 24mm f/1.8G ED Lens Overview
A comfortable and versatile wide-angle lens, the AF-S NIKKOR 24mm f/1.8G ED from Nikon offers a wide field of view along with a bright f/1.8 maximum aperture for working in a variety of environments. Its optical design includes both aspherical and extra-low dispersion elements, which help to minimize spherical and chromatic aberrations in order to produce a high degree of sharpness and clarity. Nano Crystal and Super Integrated Coatings are also featured, and boost contrast and color accuracy by reducing flare and ghosting. Additionally, a Silent Wave Motor provides fast, accurate, and quiet autofocus performance along with full-time manual focus override.
- Wide-angle prime is designed for FX-format Nikon F-mount cameras, however can also be used with DX models where it provides a 36mm equivalent focal length.
- Bright f/1.8 maximum aperture supports working in low-light conditions and also enables greater control over focus position for shallow depth of field imagery.
- Two extra-low dispersion glass elements are used in the optical construction to reduce a variety of chromatic aberrations and color fringing for a high degree of clarity and color neutrality.
- Two aspherical elements are featured to control spherical aberrations and distortion in order to produce notable sharpness and resolution.
- Nano Crystal and Super Integrated Coatings has been applied to lens elements to minimize surface and internal reflections for a marked reduction in lens flare and ghosting.
- Silent Wave Motor affords quick, quiet, and precise autofocus performance along with full-time manual focus override. A rear focusing design is also used, where only the rear lens group is moved during focusing, to maintain the overall length of the lens during use and to promote faster focusing speeds.