Nikon 55-200mm f/4-5.6G ED IF AF-S DX VR Zoom Lens Price & Specs
The Nikon AF-S DX VR Zoom-NIKKOR 55-200mm f/4-5.6G IF-ED is an ideal telephoto zoom lens for those seeking a lightweight all-in-one lens or a companion lens for the 18-55mm kit lens that came with their camera. Vibration Reduction (VR) significantly reduces camera
- F-Mount Lens/DX Format
- 82.5-300mm (35mm Equivalent)
- Aperture Range: f/4 to f/22
- One Extra-Low Dispersion Element
- Super Integrated Coating
- Silent Wave Motor AF System
- VR Image Stabilization
- Rounded 7-Blade Diaphragm
Well-suited for subjects ranging from portraits to wildlife, the AF-S DX VR Zoom-NIKKOR 55-200mm f/4-5.6G IF-ED from Nikon is an 82.5-300mm-equivalent telephoto zoom for DX-format cameras. The versatile range of long focal lengths is ideal for isolating subjects and homing-in on distant scenes. One extra-low dispersion element is used to reduce chromatic aberrations and color fringing throughout the zoom range, for greater clarity, and a Super Integrated Coating has also been applied to suppress flare and ghosting for increased contrast. A Silent Wave Motor AF system produces fast, near-silent focusing performance that suits both stills shooting and movie recording which can instantly be manually overridden by simply turning the manual focus ring. Further contributing to photographing in fast-paced situations and difficult lighting, Vibration Reduction image stabilization compensates for the effects of camera shake by up to three shutter speed stops.
- Telephoto zoom is designed for DX-format F-mount cameras and provides an 82.5-300mm equivalent focal length range.
- One extra-low dispersion element greatly reduces color fringing and chromatic aberrations in order to produce greater clarity and color accuracy.
- A Super Integrated Coating has been applied to individual elements to suppress internal reflections, flare, and ghosting for improved contrast and color accuracy when working in strong lighting conditions.
- Silent Wave Motor affords quick, quiet, and precise autofocus performance along with full-time manual focus override. An internal focusing design is also used, where only the internal lens groups are moved during focusing, to maintain the overall length of the lens during use and to promote faster focusing speeds.
- Vibration Reduction image stabilization helps to minimize the appearance of camera shake by three stops to benefit shooting handheld in difficult lighting conditions.
- Rounded seven-blade diaphragm promotes a pleasing out of focus quality that benefits the use of shallow depth of field and selective focus techniques.